The Wellington Hills Sports Complex? No, it's NOT a done deal!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Arrogant authority

Friday, August 30, 2013

It's noon and I'm walking, with my camera, in Wellington Hills Park, south side of 240th SE St.









 
Where I'm standing to take these photos is an area that would be totally devastated IF the proposed sports complex is approved by the 5 person County Council.

The Department of Parks proposal is to level, gouge-out, de-water and terraform the existing park in order to bring commerce, traffic congestion and other related miscellaneous issues - such as noise and light pollution - to a residential neighborhood ...

Some might say, I'm just a NIMBY, "Not in my backyard" ... Okay, I'll accept that ... except in this case, which of you wants a mega-sports complex with stadium lights, crowds, noise, huge parking lots, traffic jams, etc. etc. etc. ...  in YOUR backyard?

Plain and simple, a sports complex belongs in an appropriate place - somewhere with good roads and adequate access from all directions - where crowds and noise are part of the daily comings and goings.

But here?  Get real.

Photos by
Bill Stankus

No comments: